Every day Mile High Maniac brings you news, game recaps, and opinions about your favorite Denver Sports teams. In the Mile High Roundup posts, you can catch up with what other blogs and news outlets are saying about the teams that are regularly featured here – Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche, Nuggets – in addition to our other fantastic local teams – Rapids, Mammoth, the Buffs, the Rams, etc.
Anything sports-wise that happens in Denver can end up in the Roundup. Including amusing social media moments from the players, fans, or media. We hope these posts become part of your morning routine and make it easier for you to follow the goings-on of your favorite Denver teams.
- BroncosTV interviewed John Elway about trading up to get WR Cody Latimer in the 2nd round.
- Independent analyst Andrew Mason looks at what Cody Latimer brings to the Broncos.
- Broncos 3rd round pick Michael Schofield (OT) was complimented by his Michigan coach in this article from the Detroit Free Press.
- Mile High Report collected Broncos Country’s twitter reactions to Bradley Roby’s 1st round pick.
- Predominantly Orange has a scouting report for Bradley Roby.
- Denver Sports Community Events has a report from the Denver Draft Party.
- Rox Pile gushes over Jon Gray, a pitcher in the Rockies minor league system.
- Purple Row shares an MLB Network breakdown of Arenado’s hitting streak.
- Bleacher Reports asks if the Rockies can “steal the NL West from the Dodgers and Giants.”
- The Denver Post explains how a three-team trade ended up with the Rapids losing Martin Chavez and gaining Gale Agbossoumonde, plus some extra cap space.
Thank you @ColoradoRapids fans for welcoming me with open arms. Can't wait to put on the jersey and fight for you guys and my teammates!
— gale agbossoumonde (@galecuse17) May 9, 2014
- Nuggets.com has an interview with Nuggets GM Tim Connelly who says they are planning an ‘aggressive’ off season.
- Bleacher Report has a highlight reel of the Nuggets season.
Colorado Buffaloes & Colorado State Rams
- The Denver Post reports on Colorado and Colorado State players that were selected in the 2nd round of the NFL draft. CSU’s Weston Richburg (C) was chosen by the New York Giants with the 43rd overall pick. CU’s Paul Richardson (WR) was chosen by the Seattle Seahawks with the 45th overall pick.
- Note: CSU’s Crockett Gilmore (TE) was chosen by the Baltimore Ravens with the 99th overall pick in round 3 of the NFL draft.