Defense needs to be a priority.
More from Mile High Maniac
- Denver Nuggets Steal Ducks Darling Bol Bol in Second Round
- Denver Nuggets: Season Grades for the 2018-19 Players
- The 2019-2020 Broncos Depth At Tight End Could Be A Huge Strength To This Offense
- Broncos Position Battles to Watch as Preseason Approaches
- Denver Nuggets: Reflections on an Incredible Season
While the San Jose Earthquakes offense certainly isn’t going to win any awards for their offensive prowess they are still scorers in poor scoring Western Conference with 32 goals on the season. This shouldn’t be something the Colorado Rapids defense struggles with if their defense plays like they did last week again the L.A. Galaxy who are much more prolific scorers this season than the Earthquakes.
Tim Howard is always expected to play at a top level so the Rapids should be able to rely on him to make a save or two if the ball gets anywhere near the box. The rest of the defense just needs to keep the ball far enough away from the goal so the Earthquakes don’t get good looks at the goal.
The old adage of a good offense making a great defense is key in this match just like in the match against the Galaxy last week. The more the ball is on the Earthquakes side of the pitch the less the Colorado Rapids will have to worry about wearing down their own defenders.
Fresh defenders should lead to less goals against and more goals for the Colorado Rapids.