Flacco is a Super Bowl MVP.
More from Mile High Maniac
- Denver Nuggets Steal Ducks Darling Bol Bol in Second Round
- Denver Nuggets: Season Grades for the 2018-19 Players
- The 2019-2020 Broncos Depth At Tight End Could Be A Huge Strength To This Offense
- Broncos Position Battles to Watch as Preseason Approaches
- Denver Nuggets: Reflections on an Incredible Season
Like Big Ben, Flacco has always been adept at standing tall in the pocket and delivering despite pressure. In the Ravens Super Bowl winning 2012 season, he had 11 touchdown passes in the playoffs, tying 49er great Joe Montana for the NFL record.
He provides a pocket presence and leadership quality that has been missing since Peyton Manning took his last snap for the Broncos. In his younger days, he was fast for a man his size, often faster than defensive linemen giving chase.
In the 2012 playoffs, Flacco torched the Broncos for 331 yards and three touchdowns including the improbable and infamous Rahim Moore mistimed jump that makes Broncos fans want to puke (RIP Ueck!). He has been smart at reading defenses and plays well to his strengths. He has never been particularly mistake prone, even if he’s not viewed as a risk-taker.
Flacco has missed only 13 games in his 11-year career. He is a dedicated family man, married since 2011 with five children.