Defense remains a top priority against a high scoring L.A. Galaxy.
The Colorado Rapids defense has come up huge in the past two games. They have given up only two goals total in the past two matches. The single goal that was given up in the August 4th, 2018 game against the Galaxy was given up on a miscommunication between defenders Kortne Ford and Tommy Smith. The single goal scored by the San Jose Earthquakes on the August 11th was scored on a penalty kick after Kortne Ford was called for unsporting behavior.
More from Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids at L.A. Galaxy Round Two: Keys To Win Analysis
- Colorado Rapids at L.A. Galaxy Round Two Recap
- Colorado Rapids vs L.A. Galaxy Round 2 August 14, 2018: Preview
- Bismark Boateng Game Winner Propels Colorado Rapids Past San Jose
- Colorado Rapids vs. San Jose Earthquakes: Keys To The Win
Miscommunication and penalty kicks aside the defense has been spectacular. Goalkeeper Tim Howard has been a wall with eight saves over the last two games and Kortne Ford had a nice play to break up a scoring opportunity before it became Howard’s problem in the game against the Galaxy.
The Colorado Rapids are going to need their defense working together to keep the ball out of the next for a second game against these high scoring Galaxy players. This game will be on the road and the home crowd will not be on our side this time. The defense is going to have a lot of work ahead of them but I know they will be up to the challenge.