The Colorado Rapids need to put the majority of their shots on goal.
I was hesitant to put accuracy on this list but I feel it needs to be addressed with this team. Shots have been plenty as of late and that has been great. Shots on target are what the Rapids should really be concerned with.
More from Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids at L.A. Galaxy Round Two: Keys To Win Analysis
- Colorado Rapids at L.A. Galaxy Round Two Recap
- Colorado Rapids vs L.A. Galaxy Round 2 August 14, 2018: Preview
- Bismark Boateng Game Winner Propels Colorado Rapids Past San Jose
- Colorado Rapids vs. San Jose Earthquakes: Keys To The Win
The Colorado Rapids are forth from the bottom of the league when it comes to shots taken. If the team isn’t going to take as many shots then they need to make sure that a higher percentage of those shots are going in. The Rapids are also forth from the bottom of the league in shots on goal. This is the stat that needs to go up in this game.
The Rapids have had a bunch of shots in the past two games that should have found the back of the net. Opposing goalkeepers are bound to make a few saves in a game so they’re not all going to go in. The shots that are over the goal and wide of the goal are the ones the Colorado Rapids need to work on. If a few more of these shot are on target it should put more pressure on the opposing defense and eventually a few more of these are going to go in giving the Rapids the advantage and the win.